If you are a talented Weld Engineer who’s seeking career growth in a flexible, family-oriented company that produces precision components for some of our nation’s coolest technology, Advance Manufacturing could be your new home. Bring your skills and talents to a company where you will never be “just a number” – and where rewarding employees and promoting from within is a key part of the culture.
- Preparation, review, approval, and release of written welding procedures in accordance with specifications and weld procedure qualifications.
- Preparation and review of welding/fabrications plans (i.e. welding instructions).
- Qualification, documentation, and maintenance of welding procedures and welders/weld operations.
- Troubleshooting of welding operations
- Must have a theoretical understanding of the gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc. Actual welding proficiency is not required, but hands-on experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of commercial and/or military welding qualification and fabrication specifications through practical experience and/or school classes.
- Oversight to ensure welding qualifications are current, including maintaining a database of welder qualifications.
- Provides technical welding support, primary contact for questions, issues, and interpretations related to welding procedures and codes.
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, involve the use of complex alloys, welding, or critical joints.
- Conduct welding training
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
- Experience in the development of WPS (Welding Procedure Specifications), PQR (Procedure Qualification Records) and maintaining WPQ (Welder Performance Qualifications), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- Bachelor's in welding engineering is preferred, however, a degreed Metallurgical Engineer will be considered.
- 5 years of weld engineer experience
- Prefer hands-on welding experience as well as a background in aerospace or military sectors.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume to recruiter Lauren Xaba at email@example.com.