This position will provide support for the systems that are used for processing expenses and ensures that proper controls are maintained in the use of these systems. A primary objective of this role is ensuring that monthly and annual reporting of financial results compared to budget is timely and accurate. In addition, overseeing the processes, workflow, and systems by which employees and vendors get paid is a critical aspect of this role. Duties include monthly account reconciliations to ensure that accurate balance sheet valuation is maintained. Position will be tasked with developing and implementing solutions to accounting problems of difficult scope and complexity. The position also requires a wide range of skills. Among these are demonstrated leadership ability across the organization and with external business partners, superior technology skills and working well with others in a team atmosphere.
- Responsible for ensuring that the service provider for invoice processing is used properly throughout the organization in accordance with policies, procedures, and controls for invoice approval
- Responsible for ensuring that vendor payment processing is performed in accordance with policies, procedures, and controls for payments
- Responsible for processing the biweekly payroll and all associated reporting, accurately and on time using the service provider’s payroll system in accordance with policies, procedures, and controls for payments
- Continuously look for improvements in our internal processes to create efficiencies and ease of use for all.
- Assists with departmental tasks on an assigned basis for monthly entries, account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts, year-end audit, budget and account analysis, and special projects