Shipping and Receiving Lead
The Shipping and Receiving Manager typically develops and/or helps enforce a company's policies for accurate intake of new shipments; this typically involves conducting inspections of arriving goods, noting their quantities, and ensuring they are stored properly. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, high technology, manufacturing environment and is willing to work synchronously with other departments to ensure products make it to customers on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Closely monitor the delivery schedule to support the company’s goals around on time delivery
· Manage all important documents such as packing slips, certificates, bills of lading etc.
· Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
· Resolve all shipping-related issues that may arise in the company
· Handle the movement of packages from the preparation level to the delivery level
· Run checks on already packaged orders to make sure that the product is packaged according to customer requirements with all required accompanying documentation
· Work in collaboration with other departments to ensure a free-flowing process
· Use software to track, check, prioritize and route orders
· Must possess good leadership skills
· Must be someone that is able to multitask and carry out his/her duties based on priorities.
· Must be able to meet and/or beat deadlines
· Maintain a solutions-oriented approach to challenges and problems
· Maintain shipping data in appropriate computer database
· Provide continual updates to department supervisor on performance and alerts them of any issues
· Gather improvement ideas, assist with implementation and maintain as directed by department supervisor
· Wears required personal protective equipment at all times in areas where mandatory
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing, shipping, and distribution environment.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Must have computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong ERP/Computer skills
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to provide and receive verbal and written instructions
- Intermediate math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, decimals and fractions) and computer skills
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching/mentoring ability
- Ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner
- Ability to problem solve and collaborate cross functionally when issues arise
- Intermediate knowledge of production processes and equipment within assigned area
- Must exhibit attention to detail as well as excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Performs all shipping tasks following approved work instructions and established departmental procedures involved with packing, shipping and receiving product under minimal supervision.
- May transport materials, parts, supplies and equipment as well as packing and shipping product throughout facility.
- May order and stock shipping inventory such as boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc.
- Verifies physical counts against documentation to assure accuracy prior to shipping.
- May prepare and maintain records of operation as required.
- Assists Manufacturing and/or Engineering in the development of packing specifications to meet customer requirements.
- Demonstrates proficient use of applicable carrier systems.
- Coordinates, clarifies, and prioritizes shipping and receiving functions and inventory stores.
- May interview and negotiate with freight forwarders to obtain best service and pricing.
- Confers with sales, planning and manufacturing personnel to assure coordinated activities.
- Helps unload and inspect incoming and outgoing packaging and product for damage and correct labeling.
- May assemble required materials to be used in packing parts including building crates as required.
- May supply Picking Tickets to shipping floor, based on report reviews; may require interaction with the Sales and Planning personnel.
- Accurately generates packing slips, Bills of Lading, invoices, Shipper’s letter of Instruction, Shipper’s Export Declaration or other required documentation used in shipping product via approved carriers.
- May act as “go to” person when assistance with procedures, equipment or information is needed.
- Professionally interacts with internal customers, (i.e. Sales, Production Planning, or Manufacturing) and external customers (i.e. carriers or customers) to route shipments in a cost-effective manner to meet customer specifications and achieve day to day shipping requirements.
- Conveys material to and from storage as directed by utilizing general equipment such as hand trucks, pallet jacks, and forklifts; following all safety rules.
- Provides training/cross-training in equipment and process operations as needed.
- Uses manufacturing computer system or other system to accurately prepare and record required data.
- Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned.
- May work any and all shifts/days as required.