Location : Whately MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Start Date : 04/08/2019
Hours : Full Time
Job Description :
- Conduct first day orientation for new staff
- Training – Shift Coordinators will be expected to oversee the training of new staff in conjunction with Shift Leads.
- Attendance – Shift Coordinators will be responsible for daily tracking of attendance issues, including time in/out, back from breaks and will adhere to United’s progressive attendance policy including issuing of verbal and written warnings.
- Computer usage – Shift Coordinators must be comfortable with computer use including MSWord, Outlook and Excel.
- Additional Facility Coverage – Occasional travel to additional facilities maybe required.
- Standards – Motivation and success of temporary employees is involved in the Standards program and will be a responsibility of the Shift Coordinator. This will include but will not be limited to Observations.
- Orientations – Potential YCP and YCM employee orientations will be conducted twice or three times weekly by Shift Coordinators. Their day to day information will be essential in creating an accurate picture of job duties and expectations.Tours of the respective facility will be included during these orientations.
- Terminations – Shift Coordinators in conjunction with Security will be responsible for on-site terminations.
- Shift Leads will be working on each YCP shift and Shift Coordinators will be expected to direct their daily work load, working together for the common goal of successful quality staff at YCC. Team meetings will be conducted as needed.
- Meetings – Shift Coordinators will have weekly meetings with Operations Manager in person/or via phone to discuss and resolve any shift issues that are not urgent. Professional development and training will be held regularly and may occur on a weekend day.
- Responsible for managing the staffing process in conjunction with onsite managers; making sure that staff are inthe correct locations for maximum production.
- Audit production floor by department for GSP violations, issue verbal and written warnings as necessary.
- Research payroll issues and troubleshoot departmental staffing issues pertaining to temporary staff. Communicates daily with United’s staffing and accounting personnel to solve payroll issues and discuss temp staff performance.
- Support production needs starting with highest priority department. Works closely with Operational Leaders and Facilitators to settle shifts quickly and efficiently according to the work demands for that shift. Makes the necessary adjustments to the temp staffing numbers in order for the production flow to run smoothly.
- Physical requirements of the position will include being able to lift 35 – 40 lbs as needed and ability to stand, walk and climb stairs throughout the entirety of the shift.
- Complete daily shift reports for Operations Manager/Projects Managers review.
- Conduct injury investigations and reenactments. Complete appropriate reports pertaining to workers comp. Injury reports need to be sent to United Personnel and the Safety Team before the end of the shift.
- Conduct initial investigations and write detailed statements for situations including but are not limited to sexual harassment complaints and workplace violence.
Successful candidates will have supervisory experience including some HR exposure for staff greater than 25.
Required Qualifications :