Job Type :
Job Description :
Summary: Leading and executing overall planning requirements including; forecast analysis, capacity: demand analysis, demand analysis of raw materials, and utilizing performance data to create operational plans and schedules for South Deerfield MTO and MTS demand.
- Accountable for all aspects of the South Deerfield Planning that lead to the reduction of lead-times, increased OTDP / OTDR, and successful materials management within established inventory and cost parameters.
- Implement programs and practices to assure the Planning & Scheduling infrastructure is suitable to the scope and size of the business as dictated through the S&OP process.
- Responsible for Management strategies and tactics surrounding supply planning, production and material inventory control plans.
- Manage the production scheduling team. Improve scheduling processes, upstream requirements visibility to Purchasing and internal component suppliers, downstream availability visibility to Customer Service and Sales, and alignment of the schedule to the S&OP plan and current MRP situation.
- Streamline existing and develop new KPIs as necessary to increase visibility and drive improvement.
- Champion collaborative environment with accountability that assures effective planning and execution across the Planning team. Successfully coach the team and drive educational growth opportunities through the team.
- Responsible for Capacity Planning in which capacity requirements are determined based on S&OP forecast models and adjustments as determined necessary.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain advanced planning techniques at the plant level and responsible for the continuous improvement of SAP planning tools.
- Collaborate with others to build the monthly S&OP plan, including aligning the forecast to the business plan on a quarterly basis with a focus on new capacity requirements and inventory investments, and address long-term capacity requirements to determine capital investment with respect to new tools, new machines, etc.
- Ensure Sales and Operations Forecast and Business (Fiscal) Plans are aligned with Sales, OPS, & Finance.
- Drive inventory management processes to ensure inventory models are applied to allow for targets to be appropriately set based on service level requirements.
- Drive analytics and disposition of slow-moving inventory and make recommendations for E&O and/or EOL.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Monitor supplier/production line performance to assess the ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Collaborate with production managers/suppliers to discuss performance metrics, provide performance feedback, and discuss production forecasts and changes.
- Lead supply chain team to forecast demand and create supply plans that ensure availability of materials, labor, and capacity.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as customer service, engineering, plant maintenance, and quality assurance, to ensure the successful execution of the production plans against OTDP & OTDR
- Support new product ramp-up key launch initiatives in collaboration with Operations, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- BA in Industrial Engineering or Business
- Strong knowledge of SAP ERP, business analytics, LEAN manufacturing, demand forecasting software - A MUST!!!!
- SAP - rebuilding systems in SAP. Needs someone savvy enough --get in there and get what they need.
- Need to strengthen system and processes across the system.
- Understand supply chain - scheduling / planning expertise.
- S&OP - predictive analysis. Strong forecasting. Very disciplined process. Translate forecast to operational plan as accurate as we can calculate. Understands how to develop and comprise an accurate forecast. Has resources to implement it.
- Capacity demand analysis.
- 10 years of professional materials experience and minimum 4 years supervisory experience - team of 4-5 (schedulers); looking for seasoned manager with proven experience developing team.
- Manufacturing experience (made to order / customization type of product. Made to Order / Made to Stock. Variety of demand needs) with Supply Chain (APICS Certification REQUIRED)
- Sales and Operations planning and scheduling
- Strategic thinking and leadership with employees, customers and vendors
- Able to write reports