Property Manager (Training and Operations)
POAH Communities is an exciting and highly entrepreneurial organization committed to community development and to preserving affordable rental housing. We are seeking a highly qualified individual to serve as Operations Support & Training Specialist to support all of our apartment development properties in Massachusetts. Applicants must have reliable means of transportation for local travel and be willing and available to accept work assignments at any of our properties on a regular and “as assigned” basis. This includes properties in: Barnstable, Berkshire, Bristol, Essex, Hampshire, Middlesex, Norfolk and Suffolk counties.
While up to 75% is required for travel, the Operations Support & Training Specialist will be based at one of our Massachusetts properties.
- Process income certifications/recertifications for multiple affordable housing programs.
- Process monthly Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment Billing.
- Process accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Prepare lease packages and supplemental documents for new move-ins.
- Ensure that systems are in place or created to maximize resident and employee safety and health, and to preserve the physical assets.
- Work patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff to provide high quality customer service based on immediate needs.
- Preserve and respect resident and applicant confidentiality.
- Enforce and adhere to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Complete other tasks or special projects as assigned by the Director of Compliance, Regional Property Supervisor or Property Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Compliance, the successful candidate will thrive in a team oriented environment and should possess the following:
- High level of property management expertise, analytical ability and financial acumen.
- Solid verbal, written and customer service communication skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills as it relates to calculating lease balances, move-in costs, analyzing leases, identifying discrepancies on invoices and pro-rating leases.
- Confidence in creating effective solutions for how to deal with challenges or problems.
- Familiarity with Yardi software or similar property management, real estate software preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree and certified as a Tax Credit Specialist and/or Certified Occupancy Specialist preferred.
TRAVEL & SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS
Must be flexible to accept work assignments to different work locations daily and adjust to different work settings.
Must be available to be assigned a Monday thru Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST work schedule.
Must possess reliable means of transportation for local travel required (up to75%).
Education: 2 or 4-year Degree preferred.
Experience: At least 2 year(s) preferred.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Travel and overnight lodging costs are covered and can be expensed. Benefits include full health and life insurance, a generous earned leave program, and a 401k retirement plan with company match.