Expanding manufacturer in Connecticut requires a Production Operator. The successful candidate will contribute to the production operations team in the areas of sanitation, weighing of raw materials, packaging, inventory control and material handling. Ability to work efficiently and accurately in a team-oriented atmosphere.
- Prepare product batches using machinery.
- Breakdown, clean and reassemble the line
- Work with Production Supervisor to maintain schedules
- Work on packaging line to accurately fill product
- Read labels and attach the correct label to product.
- Lift 50 lbs on a consistent basis.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/software issues.
- Constant adherence to safety guidelines and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Ensure proper operation of forklift and product handling equipment.
- Adhere to the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) at all times.
- Read, analyze and interpret common information, reports and other documents.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to understand oral and written instructions in English.
- Prior equipment operator experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Experience handling chemicals and knowledge of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points).
- License to operate a fork-lift is preferred.
- Job offer contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment background screening and drug test.
- Flexible to train on first shift.