Job Type :
Job Description :
The Production Manager will lead the development and execution of manufacturing processes to achieve shared objectives across the facility. This role will measure safety, quality, delivery, and cost performance while leveraging data to drive continuous improvement efforts. The Production Manager is responsible for driving results through efficiency gains, balancing capacity to demand, managing labor, and developing and leading a diverse team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all aspects of production, including, but not limited to, planning and scheduling, staffing, manufacturing operations, final assembly, and on-time delivery of product.
- Contributes to the development of, and manages, operating budget; ensures achievement of financial objectives.
- Manages efforts to identify root causes of issues negatively impacting production objectives.
- Leads and coordinates a wide variety of identified and approved initiatives and projects designed to improve processes and performance.
- Participate in new product development and/or product change initiatives.
- Ensures effective employee relations, provides employee coaching and development to leaders and associates.
- Develops and executes enhanced training program for new hires and cross-training.
- Collaborates with Scheduling/Planning to maximize throughput and attainment.
- Recommends and makes improvements in value stream machinery, equipment, industrialization and manufacturing methods. Provides capital investment justification to the leadership team.
- Maintains good technical knowledge of operations; follows the escalation process to address and respond to abnormalities and recommends corrective action as required.
- Ensures that standard operating procedures are developed, executed and updated in accordance with ISO guidelines in the areas.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :