Principle Hardware Engineer
Principal Hardware Engineer
Want to be a part of not only creating – but also defining – Veeder Root’s future? If so, we have an exciting opportunity where you will be heavily involved in defining the company’s IoT strategy, leading the design of smart sensors, wireless technologies, and bare metal-based embedded designs. This is a high-level, hands-on technical position where you’ll be exposed to new technology across electrical, software and mechanical disciplines.
In This Role:
- Work with Hardware & Software Teams to design, develop, and execute embedded electronic hardware solutions to address business needs across our measurement, delivery, and vapor recovery platforms
- Analyze the performance and feasibility of alternative hardware concepts using circuit theory, simulations and mathematical models
- Collaborate with peers, electrical, software, and mechanical development teams, quality assurance and others as needed to produce game-changing solutions
- Upgrade legacy hardware to new IoT enabled ARM-based embedded platforms and assist management in developing proposals for new programs within our products
- Lead and mentor Hardware Engineers in developing new embedded hardware
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect that You Have:
- Real time I/O hardware and bare metal, and RTOS based coding
- Experience with some or all of sensors, encryption, wireless, vapor/fluid flow, motor control/drives, and/or data collection systems
- Familiarity with serial protocols such as RS-485/CANBUS and GPIO manipulation
- Ability to play a large part (initially) supporting – then leading – development projects
- Interaction with other members of the EE team, cross-functional groups (SW, Mechanical, Quality), and external suppliers
- BS in Electrical or Computer Engineering
Our goal is to offer real development opportunities to work with a great team that allows you to learn and progress through the stages of your career while maintaining the right work-life balance. Veeder-Root invests in the growth of its employees to achieve and exceed not only our aggressive growth goals, but also your own personal goals.
Perks and Why You Should Apply:
- Culture: Collaborative environment, team building activities, flex work schedules, recognition program and casual dress.
- Growth: As a part of the Fortive team, you can explore growth opportunities at any of the Fortive Operating Companies.
- Fueling Your Future On-boarding Experience: Setting you up for success and continuous improvement. Learn from us as we learn from you.
Simsbury, CT is roughly equidistant from both New York City (around 90 miles SW) and Boston, Massachusetts (around 90 miles ENE). This town offers many outdoor activities, all four seasons and an exceptional school district.
Who we are:
At Veeder-Root, our purpose is to support the global fueling infrastructure by delivering the best solutions in automatic tank gauging and fuel management systems driven by innovation and break-through thinking. We are committed to delivering measurable value to our customers and to continually expand that value through improvements to our solutions and processes.
We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable.