Office Manager - Academic Affairs
Location : Springfield, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
United Personnel is seeking a temporary Office Manager for a local college based in Springfield, MA. This is a Monday through Friday, hybrid position with some on campus work and some remote work. This is a great resume builder if you are looking to get into higher-ed!
Length: Temporary (1-2 months)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide office and facilities support for the office of academic affairs, including high level executive administrative support to the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (EVPAA). Maintain confidential information for the EVPAA including FERPA protected information. This includes, but is not limited to, information specific to courses, students, and faculty; curriculum;
- Serve as point person for EVPAA communication, including acting as a liaison with IT, and event planning coordinating details and logistics
- Working with the deans, create a process of professional development, support and growth for adjunct faculty; in addition, create faculty and course satisfaction surveys and process to assess quality of the student academic experience.
- Create data reports and analyze data to provide comprehensive recommendations to the EVPAA
- Create a process and coordinate student academic disciplinary action for the office of academic affairs.
- Prepare and provide enrollment reporting and analysis (enrollment/attrition/persistence/completion) to the EVPAA.
- Assist in the curriculum development and revision process.
- Track budget for the office of the EVPAA and assist in budget planning.
- Assist faculty and students with questions and concerns
- Assist with the creation, assessment and improvement relative to processes within the academic affairs office
- Coordinate new hire orientation for the EVPAA.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Required Qualifications :
- 3+ years' in an executive assistant or office manager role
- Strong communications both written and verbal
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Knowledge of budgets and budget planning
- High level of attention to detail and organization
- Ability to serve a multitude of customers
- Prior experience conducting new hire orientations a plus
- Project management expertise