United Personnel is seeking a Nurse Manager for a local nonprofit in Hartford, CT. This is a direct hire opportunity for a fantastic organization seeking an experienced candidate.
The clinic provides services four locations; one in East Hartford, and three in Hartford from Monday through Thursday. In addition, our office is used to provide specialty care by appointment. Under the direction of the Medical Director, the nurse manager coordinates clinics, assists in the management of the staff, and volunteers working at the clinic. In the absence of volunteer nursing staff, the manager also provides direct patient care.
This Nurse Manager role is a 32 hour a week position.
1. Supervise the clinic nurse, medical assistants and patient navigator and conducts regular staff meetings
2. Assigns daily work schedules for the staff to meet the office and clinic needs
3. Schedules physicians, ancillary providers, nurses, medical assistants and interpreters for the clinic days and areas via a monthly calendar
4. Reviews the registration desk, nurse intake station and van nurse station to ensure that patients are seen in a timely manner.
5. Assists the van nurse with point of care testing and assists the providers during procedures
6. Assumes responsibility for the orientation, training, and supervision of all volunteer nurses and medical assistants
7.Conducts a yearly Skill Validation Day to update all volunteer nurses on point of care testing
8. Precepts student nurses if necessary
9. Makes recommendations for clinic supplies and potential budgetary needs for the clinic
10. Assists the staff in collecting and documenting all necessary statistics for the clinic
11. Ensures Quality Control Measures are in place and carried out
12. In coordination with the Medical Director, helps to keep the van and church environment safe and clean
13. Notifies the Medical Director of any situation the jeopardizes the patient, i.e. falls
14. Assists in the recruitment of new volunteer nurses and observation day for all potential volunteers
15. Attend monthly Operations Meeting and quarterly Board meetings
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing-BSN preferred
- Current Connecticut state license
- Current BLS certification including AED training
2.Minimum of three years of clinical experience
3.Minimum of 2 year of supervisory experience
4. Valid Connecticut driver’s license
5. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of current trends in community nursing and population health
2. Awareness of Federal and State regulations related to primary care health
3. Leadership and management skills including communication, problem solving and decision making
4. Ability to work and communicate with a varied volunteer staff
5. Knowledge of the mission and ability to represent client in the community
6.Working knowledge of Excel and Word and EMR
7. Experience in developing office policies for the staff
8. Ability to maintain accountability, work independently and collaborate with the management team
9. Adhere to strict confidentiality of all patient and organizational information and ensure staff compliance as well
10. Should be able to stand for long periods of time and carry equipment up to 25 lbs.