This position’s primary focus will be on billing and systems management, while providing support to outpatient billing, fiscal and data analysis and reporting, as well as information technology. As heavy backup and support to the Billing Manager, the Coordinator will also assist with billing and Electronic Health Record (EHR) setup, while troubleshooting related issues.
- 3-5 years of recent experience in healthcare billing, claims processing and follow-up in an outpatient healthcare setting - preferably behavioral health.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or information systems strongly preferred, but significant relevant experience may be substituted.
- Experience with claims research, collections and CPT/ICD10 coding; Experience with billing and accounts receivable software and electronic health records (EHR) systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), internet and other web-based and job-specific software.
- In addition to the above, an ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Process analysis, workflow design and project management in behavioral health or other similar outpatient environment.
- Process and change implementation from both a management and staff perspective.
- Outpatient revenue collections, prior authorization and billing procedures.