United Personnel is seeking a contract Manufacturing Engineer for a local manufacturing client in East Longmeadow. This is a Monday through Friday, 1st shift role.
Manufacturing Engineer will provide manufacturing engineering focus, shop support and project leadership in the support of operations and new product development. He/She will take an active roll in continuous improvement project teams to contribute towards and support of annual productivity goals. Routinely manages manufacturing projects and demonstrates the ability to complete these efforts on time and at cost. Demonstrate a strong level of commitment towards delivering consistent results.
· To assure and support continuous and efficient process operations.
· Monitor and improve safety in manufacturing operations by addressing ergonomic and other safety concerns.
· Plays an active roll in technical projects relating to new product and process introductions.
· Utilizes a solid technical expertise to expand internal process knowledge.
· Administer technical training and support as required.
· Analyze and resolve process problems utilizing SPC techniques, and strong analytical skills.
· Hands-on equipment trouble shooting and process improvements
· Initiate and implement cost reduction programs related to process methods and technology.
· Works very closely with the operations team to propagate the principals of Flow and Lean Manufacturing.
· Assists in the R&D process to insure feasibility and manufacturability issues
· Produce positive project results through solid data gathering and measurement tools.
Works with a minimum of supervision intervention. Position requires a self starting, highly motivated individual with better than average planning and time management skills. Will work within a rapidly changing manufacturing process driven by a climate of continuous improvement and constant product evolution. Work is conducted in an environment of management and hourly factory skilled and non-skilled personnel, with special emphasis on practicing team principles.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related experience, preferably in hardware or consumer goods manufacturing.
· 3-7 years in related Manufacturing Engineering experience
· Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems
· Project management skills including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously using Excel and MS Project software
· Ability to function and contribute within several manufacturing processes within a single product line.
· Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
· General knowledge in the areas of metallurgy, dimensional controls, heat treating and inspection methods.
· Strong computer skills
· Basic design skills and knowledge of GD&T, Pro-E and AUTOCAD
· Strong and persistent drive to deliver positive results.