Location : Chicopee, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Temp-to-hire opportunity! Local manufacturing company searching for a maintenance technician.
Schedule: 1st shift, Monday through Friday 7am - 3:30pm
- Minimize machine downtime by responding to equipment breakdowns quickly and getting equipment back online, or swapping a spare machine as quickly as possible.
- Proactively maintain all equipment in good running condition by means of an effective preventive maintenance program.
- Maintain records using the Daily Maintenance log and Preventive Maintenance data bases.
- Keep spare parts area clean and organized. Order spare parts and maintain records using parts order forms.
- Conduct and document emergency lighting, fire extinguisher and emergency door inspections.
- Recommend process or equipment improvements, utilizing quality and engineering resources to gain appropriate approvals.
- Communicate with suppliers and contractors where assigned.
- Communicate internally using E-Mail and attachments in WORD and EXCEL.
Required Qualifications :
- Education/Experience: An associate’s degree or equivalent with 2 to 4 years of experience or a high school diploma or GED with 3 to 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area is required for this position.
- Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook for correspondence, spreadsheets and database. Ability to e-mail attachments and manage files from the computer.