Are you a Machinist looking for a new opportunity?
United Personnel is working with a manufacturer in Palmer, MA. They are a local company that provides wire brush products for multiple industries and are looking for a 1st shift machinist
Essential Duties and Standards include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Fabricate, heat treat and grind new tooling components (working within tolerances within 0.001 of an inch) using lathes, milling machines and surface grinders.
- Sharpen, repair and / or modify existing tooling as needed.
- Self-check own work for completeness and accuracy.
- Perform various maintenance tasks in Tool Room as well as on the production floor.
- Perform preventative maintenance on Tool Room equipment as needed.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Follow and participate in Company’s LEAN initiatives.
Vocational Certificate or Technical Associate’s Degree and/or 3-5 years of experience, preferably in a tooling and/or prototype environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, interpret and design blueprints. Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing with employees in various departments to ensure the blueprints and machined parts are created correctly.
Ability to make common machining calculations and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, geometry and trigonometry to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge CAD software and basic computer skills with other programs and/or data entry. Should have the ability to learn new software as needed.