Licensed Industrial Electrician Second Shift
Cartamundi is seeking an Electrician 2nd shift for our very successful East Longmeadow, MA Manufacturing Site.
Even if you don't know our name, you most likely have experienced the Magic of Playing Together as our games - Monopoly, Life, Clue, Trivial Pursuit and Battleship to name just a few - are shared with family and friends in more than 185 countries!
Our secret to success? A highly skilled,motivated workforce that brings love and passion to every game we make for kids of all ages throughout the world.
In this position you are responsible for electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on all production equipment/machinery and maintain facility electrical distribution and lighting systems.
• Provide preventative maintenance and repairs in maintaining PLC based control systems
• Maintain contact with supervision and co-workers in order to ensure and report progress
• Maintain compliance with all company policy and procedure guidelines
• Remain aware of and trained on all technical advances within the area of responsibility
• Answer and complete services calls in an efficient manner. Utilize proper waste disposal procedures
• Assist and support the department on achieving and maintaining budgetary goals
• Maintain an accurate log of all parts used and assist in maintaining inventory
• Work overtime when required
• Support and assist mechanics with expertise in electrical equipment
• A thorough understanding of electrical safety rules and regulations
• A methodical approach to work and an ability to make accurate measurements
• Good practical skills to use a range of hand and power tools
• Knowledge of and experience with: Programmable logic controllers, transmitters, transducers, recorders and controllers used to simulate control techniques.
• Knowledge of and experience with: Monitoring equipment, installing new equipment, equipment troubleshooting, repair and calibration process of controls such as temperature, level, flow and pressure.
• Knowledge of and experience with: Transformer Principles and Test Equipment
• Knowledge of and experience with: Solid State Controls and Industrial Automation
• Knowledge of and experience with: National Electrical Code
• Knowledge of and experience with: Bending and install conduit and wiring
• Knowledge of and experience with: Arch Flash training and safety requirements for working with 480 volt systems
• Knowledge of and experience with: VFDs and their programming
• The ability to troubleshoot an electrical/mechanical problem
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years previous electrical maintenance experience
- Ability to read and utilize schematics in equipment repair
- Previous experience with Allen Bradley programmable controllers and electro-cam controllers
- Previous experience in troubleshooting and maintaining PLC and SLC along with 24- volt and 110-volt control systems
- Knowledge of and experience with electrical and pneumatic transducers and hydraulic systems/controls
- Must possess at a minimum Massachusetts Class B (Journeyman Electrician) License
- Ability to plan and prioritize work demands and schedules
- Solid PC system skills and ability to use software applications
- Formal documented electrical training
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Three to five years of experience working as an electrician in an industrial type environment