Location : Windsor, CT
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Perform complex set ups, edits and operate established and NPI jobs with ensuring parts conform to specifications and requirements. Make modifications or adjustments as necessary.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gauge, height gauge, and verniers.
- Read and interpret blueprints and operations sheets.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
- Work flexible hours and overtime to meet customer deadlines and commitments.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. as required.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these along with other problems to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- In addition to lathe machining duties, cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
Required Qualifications :
- Three (3) or more years of experience as CNC machinist; Aerospace experience preferred.
- Needs to be familiar with CNC lathe, Fanuc and/or Okuma controls and manual turning; ability to run multiple machines and cross train on various operations/equipment.
- Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of GD&T.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Good problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent