This position will assist the Environmental, Health & Safety Manager in maintaining the Plant’s safety & health programs and improving overall workforce safety awareness related to occupational exposures including the following: hearing conservation, indoor air quality (heat, particulate), ergonomics, radiation and lasers as well as assisting/participating in incident investigation, program reviews, corrective action audits, and other program reviews for mitigation and continuous improvement.
- Possess current and in-depth knowledge of safety & health policies and regulations related to industrial hygiene in order to be a resource to supervisors, managers, and team members.
- Advising and collaborating with management to resolve occupational health issues.
- Creating and executing studies to monitor and assess employees' exposure to health risks, and to measure effectiveness of occupational health programs, policies and procedures.
- Overseeing biological monitoring programs, including hearing conservation, ergonomics and indoor air quality issues.
- Assessing and analyzing research data, summarizing statistics and compiling reports.
- Proposing and leading implementation of programs to protect employee health and implementing ergonomics.
- Conducting regular audits of programs.
- Working collaboratively with facilities in the investigation of the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort, or efficiency.
- Ensuring employee awareness of occupational health and safety concerns, programs and regulations by conducting training and presentations.
- Implementing corrective actions and suspending operations if required.
- Advising various parties on workers' compensation claims pertaining to workplace exposures.
- Maintaining current knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation.
- Supporting safety awareness programs including behavior-based safety process for the facility.
- Participating in facility safety audits, incident investigation, safety inspections, document control, record keeping, and participation in plant-wide process improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial hygiene or related field.
- 3+ years’ work experience in manufacturing environment with experience with hearing conservation and ergonomics preferred.
- Knowledge of Laser Safety
- Proficient knowledge of relevant laws, policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient computer skills.