The HR Manager is a generalist who is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Senior Vice President for Human Resources. This position may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: training, onboarding, benefit administration, policy implementation, employee relations, recruitment/employment, and employment law compliance.
Primary areas of focus:
· Oversee organization-wide employee development plans that are consistent with strategic initiatives
· Coordinate and provide training (train-the-trainer)
· Conducts and/or coordinate management training and development including safety and harassment prevention training;
Recruitment & Onboarding
· Oversee organization recruitment
· Develop and oversee new employee onboarding;
· Provide backup and support to the SVP on day-to-day HR issues
· Participate in development of organizational HR policies, procedures and systems. Coach and monitor the consistent application of organizational policies;
· Investigate work place accidents, prepare and file related reports with appropriate agencies;
· Assist in the investigation and resolution of employee relations matters. Provide input and recommendations relative to appropriate and legally compliant corrective action;
· Respond to management and employee policy related concerns and questions;
· Remain current with trends and developments within the field of Human Resources. Recommend modification of policy that will ensure compliance and enhance the organizations overall effectiveness.
· Remain current with employment laws, regulations, reporting requirements. Ensure the effective communication of the same to leadership team members, monitor to ensure compliance;
No direct supervisory responsibilities. Provide support & direction to HR Coordinator. May supervise interns.
· BA degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field (or commensurate experience)
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Generalist Human Resources role
· PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
· Knowledge of all state and federal employment related law and regulations
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff as well as outside contacts such as consultants and vendors