The HR Generalist & Legal Assistant reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will be responsible for running our ADP TotalSource platform which includes payroll (time & labor management), health benefits, on and off-boarding employees, and reporting. This position provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence generation, record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry) and ensures Company plans are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations, and well as co-administer our retirement plan. They will run the recruiting efforts for our US team. This position also assists with company-wide legal projects such as contract management and trademark administration. This position is Exempt for FLSA reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
- Administrator of ADP Total Source platform.
- Approve payroll for global offices.
- Manages annual performance evaluation process including salary adjustments & bonuses.
- From time to time handle conflict resolution, referring difficult situations to the Managing Director of Operations.
- Write, revise, edit and proofread company policies and procedures and related documents as needed.
- 401k – Vanguard Retirement Administrator. Run the 401k committee, and general contact for 401k questions and changes.
- Other task as needed.
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of CAIA’s mission and stakeholders
- Self-starter, detailed oriented and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to handle highly confidential materials.
- Ability to learn on the job and follow detailed standard operating procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years relevant HR experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with key CAIA departments
- Technically savvy and familiar with tools such as Microsoft suite, including outlook, SharePoint, and one drive. Experience with ADP TotalSource Preferred.
- SHRM – CP or PHR certification a plus
About the CAIA Association
The CAIA Association is the world leader in alternative investment education, offering the only education program uniquely designed for individuals specializing in institutional-quality alternative investments. The Association is best known for the CAIA Charter, an internationally-recognized credential granted upon successful completion of a rigorous two-level exam series, combined with relevant work experience. Earning the CAIA Charter is the gateway to becoming a Member of the CAIA Association, a global network of more than 8,700 alternative investment professionals located in more than 90 countries. CAIA also offers the Fundamentals of Alternative Investments Certificate Program (”Fundamentals”), an introductory-level online course, designed to provide a foundation in the core concepts in alternative investing. This program represents a natural extension of CAIA’s mission to provide solutions to specific market needs for alternative investment education.
- CAIA Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).