Help Desk Technician
Location : Deep River, CT
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2
Required Education : Diploma
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This is a 7 month contract position within a school district. All candidates must pass a level 2 background check to be considered for the role.
- Installation, repair, maintenance or replacement of network hardware and software.
- Installation, repair, maintenance or replacement of audio and video hardware.
- Installation and support of software applications.
- Maintenance of student and staff directories Creation and maintenance of official school web pages.
- Implementation and maintenance of network security: passwords, file access.
- Maintenance and verification of school hardware and software inventory.
- Technical training of staff in combination with others.
- Implementation and maintenance of broadcast station.
- Maintenance of school phone system.
Required Qualifications :
- High School diploma, some formal post high school training.
- Proficient in Mac, Windows and Chrome OS platforms.
- Significant knowledge of mobile devices and mobile device management systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Extensive knowledge of Smartboards and Interactive Smart panels.
- Experienced with Cisco phone systems: Cisco CME and Cisco CUE.
- Proficient working knowledge of network hardware: network switches and access points.
- Conversant with networking protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, and SMTP, among others.
- Proficient working knowledge of Windows server platforms.
- Knowledge of Internet use and website development and maintenance.
- Trained in hardware and software installation and repair.