Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and maintain various food stations, buffets, and beverage areas. Keep areas clean and stocked with all necessary items.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain dining tables.
- Serve food for both sit-down and cafeteria-style meal services.
- Prepare various ingredients including vegetables, fruits, and meats as directed for use in standardized recipes.
- Assist in cooking or cook under supervision various dishes including meats, vegetables, starches, soups, and other items for service at both sit-down and cafeteria-style meals.
- Use commercial kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, kettles, ranges, fryers, mixers and slicers.
- Clean and sanitize commercial kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, kettles, ranges, fryers, mixers and slicers.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, food storage areas, sinks, carts, racks, and all other areas and items used for food preparation and service.
· Adhere to food safety standards at all times.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Completion of 12th grade or equivalent
· ServSafe certification preferred or willingness to become certified.
· 1-3 years of food service experience
· Knowledge of proper methods of cooking various food items
· Ability to meet schedules and time lines.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with others.
· Demonstrated customer service skills
· Ability to understand hazards and follow safety procedures when using chemicals and equipment.
· Demonstratedcommitment todiversity andinclusionandtoservingthe needsofa diverse community
· Ability to stand and/or walk on a hard surface for eight hours or more.
· Worker is frequently subject to heat from cooking equipment and cold from walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
· Worker is occasionally subject to extreme heat or humidity in kitchen area.
· Worker is frequently subject to loud noise.
· Worker is occasionally exposed to chemical agents.
· Ability to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs occasionally and up to 20 lbs frequently.
· Ability to stoop frequently.
· Ability to reach with hands and arms frequently.
· Ability to sustain manual labor for eight hours or more.
· Ability to frequently grasp and manipulate objects with both hands.
· Ability to frequently perform tasks of repetitive motion with arms, hands and wrists, such as cutting, slicing, stirring, and serving food.