• Fill in as Machine Operator or Assistant as needed and directed by Supervisor. If assigned to a machine center the Operator will determine the duties of the Utility position while at that machine center.
• Cover lunch schedules as needed and directed by Supervisor.
• Make necessary corrections for and notify operator if non-conforming material is produced.
• Ensure raw materials have been approved for use.
• Commitment, awareness and involvement pertaining to ISO (policy, standards, procedures, etc.) and food safety practices (GMP’s, procedures, etc.) are requirements of all employees
• Responsible for substrate basis weight and appearance sample testing, documentation, and retention.
• Responsible for documentation of raw material usage and defects and the chronology of production.
• Ensure proper packaging and labeling of any unused raw material returns.
• Responsible for the setup of the resin blenders.
• Monitor and control of the process and production when operator is absent.
• Verifying in-line and bench top measuring and test instruments are calibrated through the calibration records and/or verification control charts prior to using.
• Set-up and Clean-up machine.
• Assist during P.M.’s as needed and directed by Supervisor.
• Sets next crew up for success and effectively and efficiently communicates at shift change to Operators and Supervisors.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Good math and reading skills required.
Prior operation of same or similar equipment preferred
Work independently and as part of a team, effectively communicate, good math and mechanical skills, get along with others, positive attitude and well organized.
Valid state issued driver’s license.
Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs and develop solutions and/or options.