Director of Administration
Are you a Director of Administration who wants to use your expertise to strengthen our democracy? Are you a systems-thinker who believes we can build a more equitable Commonwealth through education and outreach? United Personnel is recruiting for an exciting leadership opportunity at Mass Humanities in Northampton, MA.
The Director of Administration will be a strategic thought-partner to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with the senior team to manage all internal operations, including human resources, staff professional development, budgeting and finance, database and facilities management, and internal communications and organizational culture/DEI priorities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
· 7 to 10 years of professional experience;
· Track record of supporting organizational development and maintaining a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Experience growing strong HR functions and organizational structures and systems, including training programs that maximize individual and organizational contributions across the organization.
· Prior relevant experience selecting and overseeing software implementations and managing relationships with software vendors; solid knowledge of accounting and database/reporting software;
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to multitask, prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
· Strong computer skills including excel required.
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Mass Humanities; a passion for education, discourse, and community engagement.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
· Advanced Degree or CPA
· Previous experience in non-profit management, education, or public administration
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other non-profit donor software
· Five plus years of broad financial and operations management experience
The Director of Administration will provide support, structure, leadership and process to Mass Humanities. If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2021. Mass Humanities is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion; people representing diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. EOE
We look forward to speaking with you!