Die Repairer, Class B
Location : Holyoke, MA
Job Type : Direct
Start Date : 03/28/2022
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This is 2nd shift position, from 3:30 pm to 12:00 am.
- Alter and repair a variety of carbide and steel production tools and dies, involving blanking, piercing, forming, and cut-off dies, etc., where design and specifications are usually available.
- Work from prints, sketches, specifications, and general instructions of the departmental foreman or group leader.
- Maintain accurate relationships, fittings, interchangeability of parts to close tolerances.
- Disassemble and repair or alter tooling to meet specific requirements.
- Remove removable sections, fit, assemble and adjust component parts and mechanisms to required accuracy to unsure satisfactory results.
- Work involves a variety of exacting bench operations on carbide and regular steel parts, requiring skill and knowledge of mechanisms and ability to use a wide variety of precision measuring tools.
- Refer to parts for dimensional requirements.
- Possess a basic knowledge and ability to set-up and operate various grinders including ID and OD lathes, surface grinders, drill presses, and honing machines.
- Make correct decision as to fits, finishes and assembly sequence.
Required Qualifications :