Desktop Support Engineer
- Provide 2 & 3rd level technical guidance and support to all associates to ensure effective and efficient incident response
- Act as an escalation point for other members of the team who need assistance in managing a request or incident.
- Identify and mitigate risk through the understanding of Information Security best practices.
- Identify technical support trends, determine root cause and potential solutions addressing issues promptly and appropriately
- Participate in Asset Management efforts of IT equipment and software licensing to ensure all equipment is properly accounted for.
- Troubleshoots user support inquires including but not limited to hardware, software and telecommunication issues
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining client hardware including but not limited to laptops, desktops, printers, MFD/MFP’s, IP Phones, mobile devices, encrypted thumb drives to maintain company standards, security and compliance
- Participate in assigned audit tasks to maintain a secure and compliant environment
- Lead or coordinate local efforts related to the implementation of new technologies to improve service and support.
Knowledge (Education/Training) or equivalent:
- Associates Degree or International Advanced Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or MIS. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a technical support role
- 3+ years of experience with modern Windows desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Relevant technical certifications from companies such as Microsoft or CompTIA
- Fluent in English and local language when applicable
Technical and other Experience, Skills and Characteristics (e.g. statistical analysis, project management, initiative):
· Working knowledge of Microsoft based Client Operating Systems
· Experience migrating from a Microsoft Windows 7 to Windows 10 platform is a plus
· Experience installing, maintaining and supporting Microsoft Office/O365 applications
· Experience creating and managing user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange.
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Experience with common technologies used within manufacturing operations and office environments
· Experience working in an enterprise ticketing system such as Service Now, Marval, or Remedy
· Intermediate understanding of client computer network and server connectivity
· Working knowledge of end point deployment tools