The Markens Group, Inc. is an association management company that services local and national clients including professional societies, associations, and non-profit organizations. We’re looking for a detail-oriented, flexible high-achiever to join our marketing and communications team. We work hard, and we like to laugh, too.
What you’ll do:
We expect you’ll wow us with your passion for storytelling, your precise attention to detail, and your expert writing ability. You’ll manage communication campaigns for our clients as well as our company. You’ll be willing, eager, and comfortable to liaise with internal and external partners including team members, clients, board members, media, and community partners alike to help develop, coordinate, and execute integrated and multi-channel campaign strategies. Your superior writing skills will be complimented by your analytical mindset, and you'll feel engaged by the diversity of subject matters and variety of industries we serve.
Every day will be different. One day you might be developing social media content for local podiatrists, the next day you might be researching how paper recycling works, interviewing a retired surgeon, writing a press release for an upcoming event, or mapping out website content. You’ll be comfortable creatively toggling between voices, writing professionally, and engaging your attention to detail in proofreading content across channels.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
· Help develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns and strategies for clients and monitor their success, ensuring all messaging is consistent and engaging
· Manage client projects, serving as liaison to coordinate logistics and ensure the delivery of integrated campaign/project with excellent customer service
· Research industry specific content and plan annual marketing and messaging initiatives including membership and consumer campaigns
· Prepare detailed press releases, blogs, and other written materials
· Maintain media lists and build positive relationships with members of the press
· Write, design, and schedule emails and newsletters using Constant Contact and Mail Chimp
· Contribute to social media campaign management, including writing and providing guidance on content, imagery/graphics, and target audiences
· Define key performance indicators for each communication channel which will indicate a campaign's level of success
· Review digital analytics reports and present findings and offer ongoing suggestions based on best practices
· Support business development activities including presentations, proposals, and other written copy
· Serve as a team player and fill in wherever is needed
· At least 3-5 years’ experience in professional communications/marketing roles
· Experience in creating and executing strategic, multi-channel communication and marketing campaigns
· Proven ability to write business and professional communications, including promotional emails, press releases, newsletters, blogs, social media, and website content
· Ability to replicate brand voice, execute consistent messaging, and identify and tell compelling stories that help clients achieve their strategic goals.
· Degree in communications, marketing, PR, or related field
· Excellent organizational and project management skills and the ability to meet multiple, sometimes competing deadlines
· Exceptional attention to detail, including the ability to spot and weed out typos, grammar errors, formatting issues, and other inconsistencies
· Ability to think analytically, strategically, and creatively
· Willingness to receive and integrate constructive feedback
· Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work both as part of a team and independently
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com