New Hartford, CT
Job Type :
Temp/Contract to Direct
Job Description :
- Reviews production schedule and determine coater time needed to meet production requirements.
- Confirms that the material to be coated, the adhesives to be used and the coating machine / process set-up complies with the job work order.
- Mixes / blends adhesives in accordance with the correct adhesives formulation to meet production requirements.
- Sets up, operates, and adjusted coating process per company work instructions and procedures to meet customer and product requirements.
- Visually inspects and performs required quality test to determine product quality.
- Notifies management of any quality concern or issue related to material, equipment or product quality.
- Accurately and legibly completes all require paperwork and quality records.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Analyzes and corrects actual or potential process or product quality problems and assist in the development of corrective or preventive actions programs.
- Transports chemicals, adhesives, raw materials, and finish products to and from warehouse or staging areas.
- Packages and labels of in-process material and finished product.
- Cleans the Coating head and Rolls, using specified solvents, between different product running and at the end of the work day. Keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Packages and labels hazardous waste containers following coating process clean-up.
- Ensures smooth transition during shift change by communicating the activities during the shift.
- Abides by Company and applicable OSHA / RCRA safety rules and regulations.
Required Qualifications :
High school diploma, (equivalent G.E.D fluency in English, both verbal and written, basic math and reading skills, mechanical and the ability to accurately use measuring devices.