United Personnel is seeking a Business Manager for a nonprofit located in Holyoke, MA. This is a full-time position and requires accounting, paryoll and supervisory experience. The ideal candidate will also have prior nonprofit experience.
Specific Needs: Experience with accounting packages, payroll, Quickbooks, and Sage. This is a supervisory position as well.
Description: We are seeking a numbers-minded, detail-oriented Business Manager. Working under the Executive Director’s guidance, the Business Manager will be responsible for tracking the revenue and expenditures of the company, completing weekly payroll, creating purchase orders, providing monthly revenue reports, and updating the management team in weekly meetings. The Business Manager will also run reports, collect data, and gather revenue and expenditure invoices to be given to other members of the management team, as they are needed, and will be responsible for prioritizing and assigning appropriate work to their assistant. This is an in-office position, but contact will be kept extremely limited until the threat of Covid-19 has passed.
Responsibilities CAN include:
● Collect and file employees’ weekly payroll
● Process and maintain travel and expense reports
● Prepare monthly cash disbursements report, income statements, general ledger reports
● Reconcile bank accounts
● Create and track purchasing orders, comparing and finding competitive pricing for agency needs.
● Compile data to ensure accurate billing of grants
● Track grant money received and disbursed
● Compile monthly statistics
● Prepare documents, data and reports for required audits
● Work closely with the management team to provide them with the resources needed to complete their tasks.
● Supervise and instruct the Business Management assistant, providing tasks and helpful guidance.
● Perform other job related tasks as requested by the Executive Director
● Abide by the organization’s bylaws, policies, and procedures
● Maintain strict confidentiality of the staff, volunteers, and individuals served by the organization at all times
- 2+ year's Accounting experience
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Sage
- Prior nonprofit and grants experience helpful
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task