A local company based in Springfield is looking for an experienced accounting professional to join their team. This person is gong to assist the Finance/Administration Manager with all functions related to accounting and general office procedures. This person will be working closely with all departments to ensure accuracy when invoicing customers and receiving from suppliers.
General job duties include:
Accounts Receivable: Invoice customers, receive and record payments on account, perform collections as needed. Assist with investigating customer complaints of pricing discrepancies.
Accounts Payable: Review supplier invoices for pricing and order accuracy, post to appropriate GL accounts.
Perform Monthly Bank Reconciliation.
Prepare and File Sales Tax Returns for multiple states, as needed. Reconcile on a quarterly/annual basis.
Assisting with preparing and maintain procedures pertaining to Finance/Administrative Functions.
Provide “backup” support to Finance/Administration Manager.
- Minimum3-5 yrs experience in related occupation
- Capable of managing multiple projects at one time and meeting required deadlines
- Strong Communication and Organization Skills
- Familiar with State Tax Filing Requirements
- Recent use of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Label Traxx software is preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write and take verbal instruction in English.