All Production Set Up and Operate
Qualifications - Must have successfully completed an approved training program as to setting up and operating all equipment related to the complete fabrication and/or assembly for one or more manufacturing and/or shipping departments. Must be able to measure and inspect all fabricated and assembled product. Use of advanced trades’ mathematics, including trigonometry together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, data bases, formulas; all varieties of precision measuring instruments and all varieties of production related equipment. Production related equipment includes but not limited to CNC equipment, multi-machine work stations, computers and specific technical software applications involving a thorough technical-skills knowledge (i.e. CNC programming), plus the application of basic theory.
Prior Experience - Equivalent to a complete accredited apprenticeship in a recognized trade, craft, or occupation; or equivalent to a 2-year technical college education or
- Set-up and operate a wide range of equipment used in the fabrication, production, and assembly of desired components and assemblies in one or more departments.
- Department(s) will include equipment that will allow for the complete fabrication of components and assemblies into finished product.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and run to the high levels of efficiency and quality stipulated maintaining tolerances and work specifications.
- Able to measure all quality parameters of desired components and assemblies and determine corrective action where appropriate to the processes concerned.
- Able to perform all inventory related and transactions and has the ability to move all materials, (raw material, work in process, finished goods) to ensure continuous operations.
- Assists, trains and develops new operators.
1. Self-motivated to take ownership of work schedule and quality.
2. Willing to accept change to support being a Fast, Flexible, Efficient section facility.
3. Active team member willing to work with other team members and departments to keep process moving and improving.
4. Makes decisions in order to perform a variety of tasks all related departments while working under time constraints.
1. Work from drawings, production schedules, work routings and instructions. Select proper tooling, equipment, and material for the job. Make any necessary adjustments to equipment, tooling, programs, and process to provide an efficient and quality operation. Verify that work conforms to specifications by utilizing gages, scales, micrometres, or other measuring instruments required to accurately check work.
2. Follow all quality and ISO procedures, processes, and work instructions.
1. Operation of the machines/equipment associated with all aspects of positions functions.
2. Ensure that all processes operated are maintained under control and that prompt corrective action is taken to prevent the process drifting from required operating parameters.
1. Performs a variety of material handling duties to weigh and count material associated with inventory (Raw/WIP/FG) and record data as required. Deliver inventory as required to ensure continuity of operations. Operation of fork trucks, electric hoist, electric pallet trucks, and other material handling equipment.
Equipment Maintenance and Set-up
1. Responsible for executing and maintaining any planned maintenance schedules of assigned work area(s).