Accounts Payable Specialist
Location : South Windsor CT
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Accumulation, classification, maintenance, audit analysis, creation of invoices, reconciliation and consolidation of accounting information for support and control of the accounts payable process and requirements.
- Complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and recording invoices.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, recording entries.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying Federal ID numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract invoice and payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
Required Qualifications :
- BA/BS degree with 3-7+ years of experience
- Experience with full scope of accounts payable tasks and functions
- Experience with industrial manufacturing and global suppliers
- Tracking of budget expenses
- Solid understanding of principles of Finance, bookkeeping and accounting