Accounts Payable Clerk
United Personnel is seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk for a local manufacturer in Westfield, MA. This is a full-time, temp-to-hire opportunity. The ideal candidate will have two years of Accounts Payable experience, strong customer service skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Scope of Position:
Process, edit, scan, and file invoices, including those from all client locations. Maintain the vendor master file and resolve vendor inquiries and disputes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Edits wire batches from all locations. Ensures that information is correct including authorized approval signatures and supporting documentation.
· Keys, edits, and posts all loose payables that are brought to Accounts Payable.
· Sets up new vendor master data and maintains existing vendor master file.
· Researches and assists all locations.
· Scans all invoices that are keyed in by Accounts Payable staff.
· Prepares and mails checks with supporting documents.
· Prepares miscellaneous local deposits.
· Prepares and resolves vendor inquiries and disputes.
· Assists in the processing of commission payments and the mailing of commission checks.
· Files travel expense reports.
· E-mails copies of all capital requisitions to the Tax department.
· Audits travel expense reports.
· Performs other similar or related duties as required or requested.
· High School diploma or GED
· A minimum of 2 years of Accounts Payable experience preferred
· Able to use computer software including Excel, Outlook, and Word
· Strong customer service skills
· Basic data entry skills
· Team player who works well with others
· Organized and able to multi-task