Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Are you a Production Supervisor looking for a new opportunity?
United Personnel is working with a manufacturer in Palmer, MA. They are a local company that provides wire brush products for multiple industries and are looking for a 2nd shift supervisor.
Essential Duties and Standards include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prior to the start of assigned shift, meet with the Production Personnel Manager to get information regarding employee absences, quality issues, training, and production priorities.
- In conjunction with Scheduler, schedule operators on equipment to ensure production requirements are met.
- Makes decisions on employee assignments and/or equipment based on current shift situations (machines going down and/or absences of employees, etc…) utilizing the production schedule and job priorities.
- Works with mechanics based on shift situations in relation to equipment.
- In absence of Production Personnel Manager, conduct weekly Shift Communication Meeting – communicate problematic jobs, relevant shift information and other upcoming company events.
- Supervises, advises Production Personnel Manager on employee aptitude for performance evaluations and administers work rules and policies for shift to ensure high productivity and a high-quality product.
- Meets with new employees to go over necessary new hire forms and provide tours, etc…
- Support the implementation of training programs developed to increase employee technical capabilities and effectiveness.
- Sets up wire benders as needed.
- Oversee and ensure proper training of all department employees.
- At the end of the shift, pass on necessary information to the following shift.
- Performs the production reporting data entry for S1. Complete production sheet. Analyze jobs to ensure accuracy of reporting production figures by employees to ensure the accuracy of information being reported on travelers and variance reports.
- During off shifts, makes the ultimate decision and has accountability for shutting down machines.
- Frequently communicate with the Production Personnel Manager and/or the Plant Technical Manager on issues or recommendations for improvement.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year of leadership / supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divided in all units of
2nd Shift: 3:30 pm - 12:00 am