Vice President of Programs and Strategy
The Community Foundation of Western Mass is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Vice President of Programs and Strategy. Reporting to the President/CEO, the Vice President provides the executive leadership and strategic vision for the Foundation’s grant making and scholarship programs; as such, this position is critical to the mission and impact of the Foundation. As the Vice President of Programs and Strategy, you will be the innovative leader of an experienced team of six and, together, you will build strong relationships in the community, determine how to access data through partnerships and collaboration, and develop the grantmaking strategies and tactics that help the Foundation realize its vision. The successful candidate can think and plan strategically at the highest level while also acting as a focused and tactical leader; you must be a ‘futurist’ regarding technological solutions for both organizational efficiencies and impact and you must be able to identify needs and leverage opportunities for growth in order to achieve increased impact in the community.
- Leads, manages and develops a high performing team of volunteers and staff.
- Work collaboratively and consistently with trustees and volunteers, bringing them along through the work of the division, as a major focus of the position.
- Actively recruits, networks with, and trains team of volunteers, including various program committee members.
- Facilitates and manages the strategic vision and day-to-day implementation of grant-making and scholarship programs that include grants to nonprofits and scholarships and interest-free loans to local students.
- Develops operational and strategic plans to carry out program goals.
- Promotes and engages in community leadership activities by fostering productive relationships with other funders and regional leaders in order to understand community needs, facilitate new collaboration and develop strategic partnerships.
- Devoted to process improvement for the organization, particularly around grant-making and scholarship program, measuring ROI and programmatic outcomes.
- Manages a complex variety of work tasks including the use of online technology, applications processes, and decision-making in the Program Division.
- Develops and designs new program initiatives.
- Recruit, engage and manage volunteers directly related to Program Division activities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate or advanced degree desirable.
- Grant-making experience.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience with a proven track record in program management and leading teams.
- Strategic, tactical, and methodical approaches to people and change management, program and community building, innovation and process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience with using database and forward-thinking technology integration at multiple levels.
- Ability to measure, analyze, and use program and organizational outcomes to develop strategies, improve processes, and achieve goals.
- Outgoing, creative, team-builder and decision-maker
- Demonstrated experience and competency in working with diverse communities and populations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Pioneer Valley and Hilltowns.
For immediate consideration, email resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: Rebecca at email@example.com with subject line: Community Foundation Vice President by Friday 7/20 at 5:00pm.