The treasury analyst supports key banking and cash management activities including cash positioning and forecasting, funds transfer, bank administration, bank fee management and Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR).
Bank Administration and Bank Compensation
- Coordinate with banks on products and services and assesses suitability; manage testing and implementation of new systems, interfaces and/or processes.
- Open and close corporate bank accounts and maintain a database of current and historical accounts and related data. Coordinate with legal on KYC and necessary Board of Directors resolutions concerning banking authorizations.
- Manage banking/vendor agreements and contracts with respect to legal review and execution, amendments and renewals. Ensure agreements are in place to govern all services and that business is conducted in accordance with agreement(s).
- Maintain/update instructions on accounts including signing authority, trade authorization, statement direction, billing, etc., and arrange for appropriate reporting as needed.
- Administer bank compensation through the review of Analysis (billing statements) for appropriateness and accuracy; research and resolve discrepancies. Pay fees, determine and record accruals. Develop expense allocations and coordinate chargebacks. Develop management reporting to illustrate fee components, expense trends and expected changes. Manage technology (BRMEdge) used to support activities.
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce expense through operational changes, the elimination of services or by other means.
- Manage access to banking systems by our employees and by third party users.
- Analyze daily bank balances and activities to determine liquidity requirements and set cash positions that align with targets. Coordinate with investment managers as appropriate.
- Manage funding of all operating accounts and ensure all operating accounts are sufficiently funded Manage funding of all operating accounts and ensure all operating accounts are sufficiently fundedManage funding of operating accounts to ensure sufficient cash levels. Initiate Fedwire and ACH transactions. Coordinate and track intercompany or intersegment loans as needed.
- Monitor daily bank activity; reconcile and resolve unexpected cashflows and address settlement issues.
- Support technology utilized for cash management operations including system configuration, administration and reporting.Oversee resolution of job failures and other issues.
- Coordinate with bank reconciliation team to research and resolve cash related issues
- Assist with the planning of and participate in periodic BC/DR exercises.
- Provide support for treasury and finance related projects.
- Support internal and external audit processes.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business with at least 2 years of relevant experience. Knowledge of financial markets (banking, settlement characteristics, investment terminology, etc.) is required.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure and continually prioritize tasks. Must demonstrate strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Skill in problem solving and identifying/implementing process improvements.
- Must possess ability to make sound business decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel with strong analytical skills; experience with FIS Integrity treasury management system, Fiserv BRMEdge (Weiland) and/or PeopleSoft is a plus