United Personnel is working with Whittlesey PC to identify a collaborative Tax Manager to join their Hartford office! At Whittlesey PC, the tax team helps their clients with their tax planning and business tax strategies. They service a variety of industries which focuses on more strategic planning including analysis, plan development, recommendations and presentations. As the Tax Manager, you will manage direct tax engagements and collaborate with their audit group on other engagements.
We’re looking for someone with strong “people-skills” who will thrive in also being responsible for business development in the tax space.
Join a firm that offers a supportive and collaborative culture as well as flexibility to help make good life style choices. They can work with individuals who are looking for a flexible work schedule.
- Monitor audit/tax and office profitability, suggest measures to improve procedures
- Establish project budget for audit/tax services
- Coordinate various phases of large engagements, including staff requirements, locations to be visited, and scheduling
- Provides tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations, S-corporations and individuals for a variety of clients
- Coaches tax professionals and assistants working on client projects
- Delivers high quality tax service and advice
- Participates in and contribute to marketing our tax services externally to the firm; responsible for business development activities
- Handles billing and collections as well as budgets
- Collaborates with others to help grow the tax practice
- Supervise and conduct in-house continuing education seminars
- Directly participates in or supervise client examinations by Federal and State tax authorities through appellate level
- 8-12 years of experience in public accounting with demonstrated mastery of accounting and auditing principles and/or tax principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA required (or JD)
- if licensed, must be a member in good standing with AICPA
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs and Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business new business or cross-selling services.
- Master’s degree in Taxation or other industry recognized specialized knowledge certification
How Can You Grow?
Whittlesey offers one-on-one coaching to help develop your career and skill set. They believe in real-time feedback so that you are able develop and build your own brand. Whittlesey supports your professional development through continuing education. You will immediately join the Business Executive Leadership Training Program to help develop your leadership skills.