Senior Legal Counsel
We are hiring for a Senior Legal Counsel in South Windsor, Connecticut. This position needs someone who can deliver advice on legal rights, obligations and privileges of corporations in areas such as contracts, litigation management, employment law and the handling of IP (Intellectual Property) and patents matters. We are looking for a candidate who has strong communication and leadership skills to fill this position. If this sounds like the right fit for you, let us know!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with legal staff, senior leadership, government agencies and outside counsel to collaborate and negotiate optimal resolution to a wide spectrum of cases and issues impacting the business.
- Ability and interest in considering, developing and introducing sound new efficient and cost-effective processes to improve both legal and company processes and procedures which are in full legal compliance.
- Highly effective, clear, concise and ethical communications in all forms at all levels, both internal and external
- Verbal, written and e-communications as appropriate within the department and across the business, with local senior leadership, legal chain of command, and external counsel and agencies, with supervisory concurrence/guidance as may be appropriate.
- Carefully managing information, communications, and communication/information requests/requirements to and from external and internal sources. Assessing potential of high-impact issues and manage handling of communications accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively, productively, and efficiently with highest level of business ethics, in good faith, with all levels of the organization, and with all relevant external business-related sources.
- Serving as a key legal adviser on major business transactions, and determination, handling and implementation of solutions and processes for assigned on-going and upcoming legal challenges to the business.
- Judging the merits of cases filed against or on behalf of the company, works with appropriate management team to determine and define a strategic defense/offense, and recommends approvals for settlement of disputes where warranted.
- Responsibility for effective leadership and development of the subordinate legal team, and an over-riding responsibility for the safe, ethical management of the business about all relevant legal matters.
- JD degree with 2-8 years of experience
- Certificate: Admission to Bar or as Authorized House Counsel desired but not required
- 2+ years of experience in law firm or in-house environment.
- Familiarity with corporate law and corporate transactions including supply agreement
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and editing various agreements including supply agreement, sale & purchase agreement, service agreement, NDAs and MOUs.
- Experience working with other attorneys and support staff
- Experience in determining and recommending/directing strategy and managing Intellectual Property matters/cases.
- Collaboration Skills and Problem Solving & Analysis