Location : Southington, CT
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are searching for a Senior Copywriter for one of our clients in Southington, CT. Hours are Monday through Friday 9-5pm.
The Copywriter supports marketing through the development of effective marketing materials within both print and online digital media. The Copywriter has responsibility for in-brand concept, copy, and presentation supporting consumer and business product in alignment with the LOB strategies.
- Responsible for collaborating with peers on conceptual development and the drafting/editing of copy for various types of marketing, promotional, digital and in-house focused materials.
- Analyze information and engage subject matter experts to determine key messages, forming relevant understanding of the content context as it applies to LOB market and target groups.
- Create relevant content for merchandising and concepts that align with overall brand strategy
- Proofread all creative assets produced by WSC team.
- Keep up to date with marketing trends, social media and blog writing trends, as well as specific financial industry trends
- Create on target, effective concepts, using appropriate style and tonality for the brand, audience, market, culture and the business context.
- Communicate ideas clearly, professionally, and persuasively at an individual and group level presenting and ‘selling’ solutions to marketing strategies, content and business objectives.
- Brainstorm with graphic designers to provide concepts that effectively reflect marketing strategies and meet the clients’ objectives.
- Partner with graphic designers/brand team to deliver focused concepts that meet all client objectives.
- Edit content corrections resulting from the review process - ensuring all deliverable are met.
- Also act as an editorial/writing expert and reviewer for materials as needed.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with in-house clients, appropriately influencing relevant stakeholders to achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Work collaboratively with other departments while proactively problem solving.
- Maintain a clear and reasonable vision of ‘next steps’ and the ‘big picture’ during meetings, conversations or whenever the parameters of a project change.
- Meet overall content development performance goals.
- Ensure copy is consistent with company tone and overall strategic marketing goals
- As a brand steward, understand and promote use of brand assets and guidelines.
- Ensure brand integrity from concept through final production.
Required Qualifications :
- 8+ years of promotional and financial services copywriting experience an agency and/or corporate environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in marketing, advertising, English, or digital communications.
- Demonstrate strong conceptual abilities – creative mind with strong visualization skills - and expert writing skills, editing and proofing abilities.
- Able to create a range of concepts for each project independently
- Self motivated with a positive attitude.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – Ability to establish clear directions based on objectives, communicating well with others on the progress of work and results.
- Excellent project/time management skills and the ability to work juggle multiple tasks and priorities as well as strong follow-through.
- Solid Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) skills required