Part-Time Grants Administrator
Location : Hadley, MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Works with the Grants Manager, Program Officers and others to support the intake, review, processing and administration of all grants and competition applications from students, faculty and innovators.
● Communicates (by phone and email) with prospective applicants, existing grantees (college students, faculty and staff) and program participants.
● Responds to grants program inquiries and provides technical assistance regarding the application submission process. Troubleshoots problems related to grant application technology. ● Assists with tasks associated with the intake, processing, and review of proposals, as well as other grants-related activities.
● Maintains and updates database, including: updating contact, organization and grant records; recording program meeting notes, next steps and outcomes; documenting grantee communications;
● Provides ongoing administrative assistance to active grantees.
● Drafts and prepares formal correspondence between company and grantees, applicants, consultants and others, including notifications, award agreements, agreement revisions, and contracts.
● Creates mail merges and mass mailings (both via USPS and email).
● Works collaboratively with staff from programs, events, marketing and finance departments to communicate funding decisions and other information required to administer the grant and related programming if applicable.
● Sets up and manages videoconferences, webinars and meetings to support program activities; troubleshoots related technology as needed.
● Performs administrative tasks related to company’s membership program, including responding to inquiries and troubleshooting problems.
● Assists with other administrative functions as needed.
Required Qualifications :
● 2+ years administrative/operations experience including experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
● Project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate and synthesize information in a compelling and organized manner; effective presentation skills
● Ability to succeed and thrive in an environment with competing and changing priorities and tight deadlines
● Track record of and ability to build solid, collaborative working relationships; strong team player who enjoys “customer service”
● Self-starter with strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
● Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity
● Highly proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
● Ability to understand and apply appropriate tools and technologies used in the workplace; ease with adapting new technologies as needed.
● High degree of digital fluency using cloud-based office tools such as GSuite, CRMs, team collaboration tools, and other web-based applications; ability to incorporate these tools into day to day work
● Knowledge of grants administration and/or technology entrepreneurship not required but a plus