Location : Longmeadow MA
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Job Description :
Medical Secretary Job Duties:
- Represents physicians by screening incoming telephone calls; recording and transmitting messages; scheduling, receiving, and announcing scheduled patients and visitors.
- Screening unscheduled patients and visitors.
- Arranging referrals to other health care providers; scheduling appointments for consultations, x-rays, lab tests, physical therapy, MRI's, CT scans, etc.
- Ensures physician productivity by maintaining calendars and scheduling patient appointments.
- Produces information by transcribing dictation, preparing medical reports and summaries, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts and correspondence; planning, organizing, coordinating and controlling projects.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; maintaining patient records; recording meeting discussions.
- Generates revenues by completing direct patient and third-party billing; monitoring accounts receivables; initiating collection calls and reminders.
- Secures information by completing database back-ups.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Additional duties as needed.
Required Qualifications :