We are looking for professionals with a strong HR background for this opportunity in Springfield!
This position has a great schedule and a chance to revitalize your career with a well-respected company.
You will be working closely with the Director of HR, assisting with tasks in all functional areas of the department. This position is 25-30 hours per week and will last 4-6 months.
Once successful you will:
- Administer various human resource plans and procedures for all company personnel;
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepare, maintain and distribute employee handbook and reviews policies and procedures with staff and management as necessary.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and completes reports to monitor progress.
- Administer payroll and monitor the performance evaluations as necessary.
- Effectively administer and run Paylocity and use each module accordingly.
- Review data prior to processing to ensure that the data is accurate, including direct deposits, deductions, and salary info.
- Process payroll biweekly and reconcile information in tandem with the Finance Department.
- Add/remove employees and help enroll them if needed.
- Perform benefits administration which involves enrollment into plans, resolution of discrepancies, any change reporting, and developing communication for any benefit information to employees. Including processing 401K loans/ hardship withdrawals and appropriately processing required paperwork. As necessary process STD and LTD claims and follow up with carriers as required. Responsible for Workers Comp. compliance including notification posters, reporting requirements, annual audit and census.
- Responsible for administering benefits and leave for personnel including but not limited to; FMLA, SNLA, Domestic Abuse, etc. Monitor and track recertification’s, 12 month rolling calendar, work with supervisors/managers to ensure compliance of the laws.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action documentation including preparation for EEO-1 report annually.
- Schedule benefit meetings with new hires monthly
- Collect enrollment paperwork and scan then email to TPA, currently HUB
- Document benefits deductions in payroll
- Explain benefits to employees and help with questions, claims, etc.
- Complete census info as required for renewals, 401K, other requested parties.
- Maintain and update personnel records, develop and maintain integral data in Paylocity and personnel files.
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and support the HR Assistant in their role ensuring that all company events and support is offered to prepare and assist with company events including: TRACK Points, Invitations to events, Annual Service Awards at QISM luncheons, Monthly Birthday Celebrations, and A.R.F. compliments, etc.
- Assist with completing the job PAF and job postings for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; schedules interviews and processes Wonderlic assessments, maintains a log of vacant positions, posted date and # of days to fill position. Monitors and ensure P.A.F.’s are prepared and completed on each position, tracks applicant status, monitors results and sends letters of offer and declination letters as necessary.
- Responsible for creating new hire packets and schedule/facilitate orientation session(s) with new hires, including but not limited to full day orientation and follow up on departmental orientations.
- Process employee verifications as necessary to meet compliance requirements.
- Handle employee relations, and scheduling such as exit interviewing and meetings with necessary staff as required.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and attends professional development programs such as HR Roundtables, and/or seminars to stay up to date with HR trends.
- Assist and maintains company organization charts, FTE reports and employee data in HRIS, and other reporting requirements as required by the Director of HR including K.P.M. data, data required for Management Meetings, etc.
- Recommend new approaches or systems to improve efficiencies within the HR department and services performed.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as required. Assists in responding to report requests for HR such as salary, job titles, bonus compensation, etc.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree and five years’ human resource experience, or a master’s degree in human resource management and two years’ experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer proficiency skills with experience in MS office products is required.
- PHR or SHRM – CP or SHRM SCP certification is preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills both oral and written.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong understanding of state and federal requirements and regulations.
- Experience administering employee benefit plans and compensation plans