Help Desk Support
The IT Support Specialist’s work includes network administration, hardware and software support, help desk support, training, and completing other IT related projects to support the work of the Foundation.
• Respond effectively and efficiently to employees’ requests for technical assistance in person or via telephone or email to resolve hardware and/or software issues; prioritize most urgent needs for immediate response.
• Provide appropriate training and support to a variety of staff with a wide range of technical skills and job responsibilities
• Play a primary role in the setup, maintenance, repair, and tracking of all Foundation computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
• Assist with regularly scheduled system maintenance and support in a Windows server environment.
• Perform system backups and file restores, and assist with disaster recovery planning and response.
• Serve as backup for the Foundation’s Information Technology Officer.
• Support staff’s remote connectivity in a ‘bring your own device’ environment.
• Assist Foundation’s Information Technology Officer in researching, implementing and training staff on new technology solutions that meet the Foundation’s evolving business needs.
• College degree in computer science/information technology or 3 years’ experience in Information Technology support role or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven experience with hardware and software setup, network administration, and desktop troubleshooting.
• Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office.
• Proven effectiveness in communicating technical information to non-technical employees. Solid written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated problem identification and resolution skills. Solid track record of multi-tasking, and attention to detail with consistent follow-through to ensure complete customer satisfaction. High energy, resilience, and sincere desire to be of service to others.
• Proven initiative and self- management skills, high standards for personal performance, and earned reputation for taking full ownership and delivering quality results to meet expectations on time.
• Curiosity and willingness to learn and develop.
• Demonstrates consistent flexibility to meet urgent organizational and employee needs when priorities change rapidly.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical and non-technical procedures, requests, and diagrams.
• Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in a clear and non-technical manner to ensure staff grasp of content.
• Effectively presents information and responds to questions from end users and managers as needed.