Hilltown Families, an online grassroots communication network for families living throughout Western Mass, is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic part-time Executive Director. This position is $20,000 annually and will be approximately 20 hours per week.
Hilltown Families is a Community-Based Education nonprofit agency whose mission is to support the common good of our community through the development of a sense of place in our children and citizens. This is done through community-based education and engagement to cultivate resilient and sustainable communities.
As the Executive Director of this virtual organization, you will be working closely with the Board of Directors on stewarding this organization into its next phase. This includes:
- Attend select community events (i.e. grant making workshops, educational fairs, etc.)
- Using QuickBooks to pay writers and content contributors
- Working with the part-time Program Manager on ad & sponsorship solicitation and Constant Contact materials
- Develop and maintain an operational and financial plan which incorporates goals and objectives
- Apply to and manage relevant grant opportunities
- Explore additional giving avenues for donors
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications, from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating stronger bonds
- Risk management regarding operational and product liability as well as adhering to relevant 501c3 regulations
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly preferred
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and an understanding of how they function (volunteer or professional)
- A bright, entrepreneurial spirit who is interested in new challenges and expanding the reach and performance of Hilltown Families
- Eager to leverage creativity and innovative skill sets
- Excellent attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Experience working with, and learning from, diverse communities
- Strong technical skills as this is a virtual agency – experience around web administration, word processing, social media, and QuickBooks
For immediate consideration, please email resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: Abbie at firstname.lastname@example.org – applications will be accepted until the position is filled.