Environmental Health &Safety Specialist
United Personnel is searching for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist for a client located in South Windsor, CT. This is a direct hire position with full-time Monday through Friday hours.
Design, development, interpretation, recommendation and compliance with local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and company policy, in conjunction with Workers’ Compensation, Occupational Health and Safety, and all other environmental engineering requirements, with best practices considerations.
Role & Responsibility
- Assure successful completion of all safety site audits and reviews, and generate timely report-outs to appropriate audiences, with full analysis and sound recommendations.
- Conduct hazard analyses for all new products and processes, with full focus on EH&S compliance.
- Provide professional direction, guidance and support to the EH&S team and all employees on safety issues, requirements and incidents
- Conduct periodic scheduled safety meetings and training sessions.
- Develop and deploy regular, open communications with the workforce at all levels regarding safety-focused current, timely issues, matters and process requirements.
- Support development and control/delivery of the EH&S Management System (EHSMS)
- BA/BS with 6-10+ years of experience
- MA/MS with 4-7+ years of experience
- PhD with 2-4+ years of experience
- EH&S-related training and certifications are a plus.
- Degree in Environmental Sciences or Industrial Hygiene preferred.