Director of Development
The Springfield Symphony Orchestra is looking for an experienced Director of Development to join their fundraising team! The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of the Springfield Symphony Orchestra’s (SSO) fundraising activities including, the major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving, and special events. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. The SSO is looking for a Director who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who wants to have the opportunity to grow giving programs!
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Work closely with the SSO Executive Director and Board of Directors on key initiatives.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the SSO with the community.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Must embrace the mission of the SSO.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members, and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build and cultivate external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Communications.
- 5-7 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
For immediate consideration, please apply with resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, attn: Abbie Emeigh at email@example.com . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.