Director, Human Resources
The mission of Community Health Programs is to measurably improve the health of Berkshire County residents.
The Director of Human Resources functions as a consultant to CHP programs and is responsible for overseeing human resources services in support and in alignment with CHP mission, vision and values. S/he is a business partner for the Senior Leadership Team to assist the organization in achieving strong business results. Develops and executes initiatives that optimize employee performance, contribution and satisfaction. Drives company-wide human resources initiatives across multi-sites and programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Actively partners with Senior Leadership Team to establish strategic direction for CHP. Supports, participates and contributes toward achieving defined business results.
- Leads recruitment and collaborates with program leadership to develop workforce strategies/plans that ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time.
- Establishes, measures, and reports key HR metrics to the division to drive optimized resource utilization and overall effectiveness.
- Monitors the work environment, identifying employee relations trends, issues and areas for improvement to promote a positive work environment.
- Consults executive leadership on top team performance and delivery of systemic performance improvement strategies.
- Acts as executive coach to top leadership.
- Counsels and coaches employees on complex employee relations issues and serves as a resource to prevent and/or facilitate conflict resolution.
- Proactively monitors external best practices and ensures organizational policies reflect changes in the labor/employment market. Identifies needs or modifications to policies/practices in support of practice and site business needs.
Performance Management & Development
- Monitors organizational performance, suggests and delivers initiatives to maximize performance.
- Coaches and trains leadership in maximizing performance of their teams in a way that aligns with CHP culture and values.
- Assists leaders and their teams in developing a strategic approach to the utilization of individual development plans.
- Identifies and coaches high potential individuals and leads the organization’s succession planning process. Works with program leaders to develop career path strategies to enhance employee retention and satisfaction, as well as proactively prepare the organization for future resource needs.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate governmental laws and regulations as they relate to Human Resources (i.e. EEOC, ADA, Wage and Hour, FLMA, FLSA, WC, etc). Works with program leaders to ensure they are informed, updated as applicable and operating in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Leads benefit committee and special project teams as assigned in culture enriching and HR and business optimization strategies.
- Identifies organization and divisional constraints to effectiveness from a strategy, structure, people and process perspective. Develops solutions that help the business realize its strategic priorities and align with CHP’s mission vision and values.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years progressively responsible experience, with proven record of achievement as Human Resources Generalists and Business Partner.
- Extensive expertise in organizational development, employee relations, training, coaching, compensation, benefits, recruiting, performance management and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- 5+ years experience working with senior levels of management in development of strategic initiatives, business plans and resource planning strategies.
- External consulting experience highly desired.
- Prior work experience in health care preferred.
- Spanish bi-lingual a plus.
Required License(s) and/or Certification(s):
- SPHR strongly preferred
- Advanced communication skills – ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization demonstrating tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Must be able to build relationships quickly, connect well with others, demonstrates self-awareness and flexible communication styles to match the audience.
- Ability to build trust and ensure the highest levels of confidentiality, integrity and authenticity.
- Advanced multi-tasking capabilities – must be able to effectively prioritize competing demands.
- Proactive and Responsive – skilled at responding in a timely manner to request and delivering on commitments made. Identifies needs in a proactive manner anticipating customer needs.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated drive, initiative and creativity.
- Communication: Provides timely, concise, and audience appropriate information orally and/or in writing.
- Initiative: Proactively focuses efforts and energy on successfully attaining goals and objectives.
- Work Habits and Productivity: Able to maximize time to produce timely, quality results.
- Relationship with Others: Establishes and maintains constructive relationships.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with a variety of individuals to accomplish goals.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates commitment to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.