The Cyber Security Operations Consultant will assist the client’s 24x7 Cyber Security Intrusion Monitor and Incident Response team with performing day-to-day operations. Additional duties include working a shift** rotation in the event of Security Operations Center (SOC) staff shortfall.
· Perform, track and report on daily Security Operations Center compliance operations and health of monitoring systems
· Assist with monitoring cyber security threats and associated activity.
· Adhere to procedures for event analysis and incident response.
· Assist with performing cyber security event analysis and incident response as needed.
Provide rotating shift coverage as needed.
· Bachelor of Science, or equivalent Education and experience.
· 3+ years of Information Technology experience
· US Citizen or permanent resident required
· Accepting candidates with 0-10+ years Cyber Security experience.
· Knowledge of Internet protocols.
· Familiarity with the UNIX and Windows Operating Systems.
· Knowledge of scripting/programming languages.
· Knowledge of cyber security tools.
· General knowledge of Active Directory, VMware solutions, and Change Management concepts.
· Ability to interpret technical manuals and procedures
· Effective communication skills.
**The position requires the ability to work a 12-hour, rotating shift that includes weekends and holidays. This position will train for on-shift SOC coverage, remain on stand-by for SOC shift assignments and work full shift rotations in the event coverage is needed for whatever length of time required.