Automotive Service Tech
United Personnel is assisting a client in East Hartford, CT to hire a Automotive Service Technician with 5 years experience
This is a Direct Hire opportunity
Salary: $32.00 - $35.00 per hour (DOE)
Hours: 7:30 am - 4:30 pm with Rotating Saturdays
The idea candidate has an extensive background working on Ford, Porsche, Mercedes, Cadillac, Lamborghini, BMW and Volkswagen automobiles.
Idea candidate takes initiative, has a hunger to learn and is hard working
- Maintain ASE and manufacturer-required certifications. Maintain adequate training levels as designated by manufacturer.
- Read and understand customer complaints or requests; diagnose and advise appropriate party of findings; complete all authorized repairs in accordance with manufacturer and company policy.
- Request and obtain parts from the parts department. Return warranty parts back to the parts department or discard. Dispose of all hazardous waste per OSHA guidelines.
- Road test vehicles as needed to diagnose or verify completion of job.
- Reach technician service bulletins and utilize computer to remain up-to-date on manufacturer recalls and/or technical data.
- Must be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds, bend, reach overhead, squat and stoop.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and OSHA regulations that pertain to your job and have been instructed to you through “Right to Know” and safety training at your store.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service orientated environment preferred
- Can adapt and embrace change with an internal and external customer centric mindset
- Act as an advocate for teammates and have a strong commitment to technology advancement
- Possesses effective communication skills: oral, written, listening.
- Works well with customers, promotes a positive image of the company, strives to solve issues raised by customers.
Medical - Dental - Vision - 401K match after 6 months - 1 paid voluntary time day - Career Development - Work / Life Balance