Manage and perform a wide variety of operational, IT, compliance and financial audits and projects to protect company assets and promote compliance with Company policies and procedures and industry best practice. Assignments encompass full spectrum of Company's business processes, computer systems, financial processes, and other operating areas. Additionally, perform and/or manage aspects of Company’s Model Audit Rule (MAR) annual program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and perform financial, compliance, operational, and IT audits and projects that evaluate controls over key risks, compliance with and adequacy of established policies and procedures.
• Work in partnership with audit team and teams across Company to ensure that processes and internal controls are effective in mitigating operational, financial, and compliance risks.
• Identify risk exposures and provide control recommendations and operational improvements to management and advise on efficient and cost-effective risk mitigation.
• Prepare reports and analyses that communicate relevant observations and recommendations to improve processes and controls throughout Company.
• Supervise work of audit staff as required.
• Coordinate and work closely with Company’s external auditors to provide cost effective audit coverage and reduce redundant testing.
• Participate in department-wide projects to strengthen the internal audit team’s policies and practices.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Four-year college degree required. Prefer degree in audit/accounting discipline.
• Professional designation (CPA, CIA, CISA), advanced degree or equivalent technical knowledge and stay informed about the latest developments in his/her field of expertise.
• Five years of Internal and/or External Audit experience
• Working knowledge of audit concepts and methods.
• Project management skills to perform, direct and plan audit assignments, work with department management, line management, consultants, outside auditors, and other members of audit staff.
• General knowledge of technical IT risks and controls.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to analyze complex issues and to recommend control/process improvements.
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and ad hoc requests.
• Ability to suggest and support innovative solutions to problems.